Attending a sports game with your boss in the corporate box is exciting but also tricky to navigate, especially in terms of what to wear. It’s a casual event, but you’ve also got to put your best foot forward and impress your boss….all without looking stuffy or like you tried too hard. So what should you wear? Here are some tips to help you dress with confidence for the event:
- Wardrobe: Assuming the game is on a weeknight, wear what you would normally wear to the office. While senior partners can get away with showing up to events in sweats or jeans, you cannot. You are a junior employee, and you still have to prove yourself. So dress the part of someone who is put-together and hard working.
- Team spirit: Unless you are specifically told otherwise, don’t wear a team jersey because it will make you look juvenile and tacky. Instead, opt for something more subtle like dress socks that are the team’s colors or a baseball cap (a regular one, not a flat top).
- Wrong side: Speaking of team spirit, do NOT wear the other team’s colors. This shows a lack of awareness that won’t do you any favors.
- Finishing touches: Keep your hair and makeup polished but not over the top. A blow out wouldn’t hurt, and neither would a manicure, but save the prom-esque makeup for another day.
- Keep it classy: This goes without saying, but remember you are representing your company in public at this event. A good litmus test for your outfit is, “if the president of the company saw me right now, would I be embarrassed or proud of my appearance?”
Hope this helps, and congrats on scoring a seat in the corporate box. Knock ‘em dead!
- A list of the next NYC food trends that just might go viral. (Refinery 29)
- This feminine spring-wardrobe fashion edit has me so excited for spring! (Elizabeth Street Post)
- I’m currently in the middle of a 10-day no heat hair challenge. This is harder than I anticipated! Has anyone else done one before? What was it like?
- Get a free stopover on your next trip with these airlines. (Travel+Leisure)
- This whimsical dress is the perfect outfit for a date night! This one and this one are also absolutely gorgeous.
- How Australian coffee is taking America by storm. (Vogue)
- Channeling my inner goddess with these 8 tips. (Jordan Gray)
- What ignited our burning passion for luxury candles. (Racked)
- This blanket is seriously the most comfy throw in the world. 10/10 highly recommend. (via The Work Edit)
- The most popular Airbnbs in every European country. (CN Traveler)
Feature image found here.
This is my first year being in a “real adult” job during the holidays, meaning I get to attend my first office holiday party! My company puts on a pretty big show, and it’s definitely an event to see and be seen at. I’m super excited! It’s given me an excuse to go shopping, but I don’t want to blow all my money either so I’m mixing in some pieces that I already own. Here’s what I plan on wearing for the big day:
Ellen Tracy Scuba Keyhole Dress ($53)
Baublebar Anastasia Hoops ($38)
Calvin Klein Strappy Sandals ($75)
Calvin Klein Toggle Wrap Coat ($160)
INC International Concepts Clutch ($35)
And that’s only half the fun! There’s still the beauty side to think about 🙂 My idea right now is a French manicure on my hands, fire engine red for my toes, and a salon blowout for my hair. I can’t wait!
Featured image found here.
- I am loving Alaina’s subtle take on decorating your bedroom for the holidays. (The Elizabeth Street Post)
- A gift guide for the men in your life, written by an actual man. (The Work Edit)
- If you’re looking for somewhere to make a difference this holiday season, consider donating to Hand in Hand.
- After following this Instagram account, all I can think about is traveling to Scandinavia.
- What is this Mercury retrograde that everyone is yammering about? (Farmer’s Almanac)
- The wardrobe essentials I need to make it through this winter. (Refinery 29)
- I’m intrigued by these winter hair trends. Especially the cider and spice. (The Zoe Report)
- Finally, someone said it: The Rise and Fall of the Basic Bitch. (The Everygirl)
- I can’t stop eating this for lunch. SO GOOD!
- Are conservatives in Silicon Valley the new counter-culture? (CNN)
Featured image found here.