It is finally fall– my favorite season of the year! Even though we don’t get much of a proper fall here in San Diego 😉 As it is the last check-in of the year before the final sprint towards my goals, here’s where I’m at 🙂
- Log everything I eat: going well! I started the 2B Mindset program in June and it’s been so simple and easy to stick to. One of the principles is to log all your food and that’s exactly what I’ve been doing, using the Beachbody Nutrition app! Tracking is so much easier when you get in the habit of doing it!
- Resting heart rate below 60: In progress! This is probably the hardest goal for me this year because it requires so much consistent effort to make it happen. I know what I need to do though– exercise, stress management, and weight loss will be the keys to success. Just gotta make it happen! It’s actually so much easier to be healthy here in San Diego than it was in DC because there’s so much fun active stuff to do and there’s healthy food everywhere.
- Travel to five new countries: done! I visited Ireland with my dad in May and then did a solo trip to Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein over the summer. Seriously so many unbelievable experiences, and I can’t wait until I can travel again! I probably won’t visit five new countries again next year, but maybe one or two. I have this long-term goal of visiting 30 countries before I’m 30.
- Move to a new city: check! I moved from DC to San Diego back in August and love it so far. I live in a cute little house about a mile from the Pacific Ocean with some awesome roommates. My job is working in the first-grade classroom at a Catholic school on Coronado and I’m working on my masters to become an elementary school teacher. Moving to a new city isn’t without challenges, but I love it here 🙂
Feature image found here. Other images found here and here.
Oh my gosh how is it already halfway through 2018??!?!! This year is FLYING BY! As I write this I am across the pond in Switzerland. It is soooo cute here! I decided to take some time off to travel between quitting my job and starting grad school, and I am loving Europe so far 🙂 Here’s how I am doing on my New Year’s resolutions I set waaaay back in January!
- Log everything I eat: I have finally started to make this happen! Back in June, I started the 2B Mindset nutrition program because one of my friends is a coach for it. 2B stands for the “two bunnies” (aka four rules of this program): water first, veggies most, log your food, and step on the scale. I’ve fallen in love with the program and how easy it is to follow and stay consistent with! All I do is log the food I ate on an app (there’s a journal I can write it in too if I want), and for each meal, the app gives me suggestions on how much of my meal should come from which food groups. Like I said, super easy! I love it and it’s something I’ll definitely be able to stick with long term.
- Resting heart rate below 60: I am making progress on this! I took a break from wearing my Fitbit for a few months, but I’m back to wearing it so I can track my progress. All the walking and hiking I’ve done in the last week has definitely helped with my heart health! I’ve got some big hikes planned for Italy…can’t wait to see how many steps I get then! haha. It really is fun tracking my fitness metrics and watching them improve over time 🙂 One of my goals for living in San Diego is to be super active– I’m talking surfing, hiking, yoga, barre, running– you name it! So I have a good feeling that my resting heart rate will continue to go down as I continue to become more active and athletic 🙂
- Travel to five new countries: This one is definitely going to happen! I went to Ireland in May with my dad and Switzerland on my own last month (still there currently!). In July I’ll be traveling to four new countries–Liechtenstein, Austria, Slovenia, and Germany– so I will 100% be meeting this goal by going above and beyond! This fits into my bigger goal of visiting 30 countries before I’m 30, and I’ve planned it out so that if I visit 2 countries every year from now on, I’ll hit 30 countries by the time I am 29! It’s totally possible! I think next on my list is Mexico– I would really love to visit Cabo San Lucas ☺️
- Move to a new city: So things came together, and yes I am moving to San Diego!!! I am seriously so excited 🙂 In addition to moving to a new city I’m also going to be switching careers from financial analysis to teaching! Starting in August I’ll be going back to school for my Masters of Arts in Teaching at Point Loma Nazarene University. I’ll probably try to work a little bit too, but nothing really intense– just like a barista or florist or something!!
The first half of this year has been absolutely transformative, and I can’t wait to see what other adventures I will have in the rest of 2018! Already looking forward to checking in on my resolutions at the End of September 🙂
Feature image found here.
- I saw this calendar in someone’s office and fell in love! I want one so bad! Maybe in my next office? 🙂
- Now that we’re officially 1/4 of the way done with 2018, I re-visited my New Years Resolutions to see how I’m doing.
- 10 offbeat Airbnb rentals, from wagons to castles. I especially love the boathouse on the Seine in Paris! (CN Traveler)
- This is how the creative producer for Rag & Bone travels. (Hitha on the Go)
- Mother’s Day is next month, so to get you started here are 48 gift ideas for your mom! (Real Simple)
- Check out these 11 swimming pools around the world that will blow your mind. (National Geographic Traveler)
- The best seat on the airplane depends what you’re looking for. (Hitha on the Go)
- Start your day off right with a morning detox. (Barefoot Blonde)
- I am in love with this simple leather backpack from Everlane– and it’s on sale!
- Speaking of bags, how cool are the Apolis City Market bags?
Feature image found here.
I can’t believe it’s already April! With 3 months of 2018 behind us, we’re 25% of the way through the year. I thought it would be a perfect time to check in on my new years resolutions and see how they’re coming along!
- Log everything I eat: I haven’t been consistent about this. I’ve been jumping around between different apps/journals/websites and it’s a little overwhelming. I think I should just pick one method and stick to it! Moving forward, I plan on using the fitbit app because 1) I always have my phone with me and 2) it takes into account my activity when it calculates how many calories I should be eating!
- Resting heart rate below 60: I still have a while to go on this one. I think hitting the gym consistently is the most important part, but meditating/managing my stress will also help it go down.
- Travel to five new countries: working on it! I have tickets to visit Ireland with my dad, and I plan on doing some extended travel to Europe this summer–Maybe Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Germany, and Iceland? Still up in the air, but I think it’s definitely doable 🙂
- Move to a new city: this one is quite possible. Things aren’t set in stone yet, but it’s nice to be so young and free and able to go anywhere!!!
Feature image found here.